8/01/2005

SIRDAR - Boyfriend Sweater





Pattern: SIRDAR 5871 - size small
Yarn used: Wool Ease - Sportweight, charcoal

Details: 22 sts/in - it took me 1 month exactly. I thought it would take 4 months. I guess I was excited. I did the front & back in the round instead of flat and that made it go MUCH faster. Since this is a men's sweater - there is no side shaping, which made it a super easy project to work on.

Tested the boyfriend curse, the odds are in my favor. He even said he'd sign a contract for it! He had fun with his customizing input. We lengthened the arms a lot. I shortened the body by 4 cm and doubled the rows for the waist and wrist ribbing. I just didn't let him put a stripe of purple through the middle like he asked.

3 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

Looks good and it fits him well! The boyfriend curse is a bunch of crock anyway.

Great job

11:08 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

All done! Hooray. Looks great.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaah....no purple stripe?! Poor guy! I'm going to tell all the purple stripes I know about this...

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home